Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ugh!!!!



I am officially the most bummed out I've ever been. and now that I've typed that, the other shoe will soon be falling :)
For the last couple of months, which have been hard in and of themselves, I have had my sights set on June 18th. That may be just another day to you....(or maybe its your anniversary, nikki).... But to me it was the day that one of my life-long dreams would come true - and by 'life-long, I mean the last two years. Same thing, right!

My superhero of a sister had a business trip to New Jersey planned, so she invited me to go and thought it was be fun if we ran into THE CITY (yeah, NYC) to see the Broadway musical WICKED...... which I have not seen......and happened to be obsessed with. I was so excited I might have peed my pants when she proposed the idea. I told my husband of our plans and booked my flight with great anticipation.......

Then yesterday happened.......

The following is the transcript of the text messages in which Amy killed my dreams....

Amy: Sad news...can't go to NYC anymore.
Amber: (inner monologue: am I seeing this right? could this be true? did she just break my heart in a text message? there's not even a text frowny face there? is it April fool's day?)
Amber: WHY??????????
Amy: They don't want us going for cross-training there
Amber: (Who is "They" and why do "They" hate me?) What's a musical lovin' girl to do - I've already booked my flight......do "they" have no heart??
Amy: You can call and cancel it and use your miles for another trip.
Amber: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


Yeah, that happened.
I'll be sitting here with my hard hat on, waiting for the other stiletto to fall if anyone needs me.

Have a lovely day

2 comments:

breannak said...

i too share in your disappointment! the saddest thing in awhile. i was not only counting down the days until i saw Wicked for the first time, but shopping in NYC and some quality time with Amber and Amy.

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry friend. I love Wicked too and have never seen it but I have the soundtrack memorized!