Thursday, July 10, 2008

God Is Strong

So, a couple of Sundays ago I picked up Mr. Bryson from his class. He had a necklace on, that I assume was the craft for the day.....because nothing says 'hey, I just came from church' like a good macaroni craft. I digress. The necklace, in all it's macaroni glory, had a piece of construction paper on it that said 'God Is Strong'. Being the good mother that I am, I proceeded to interrogate the Mr to see what he had learned that day.....and also to make sure his teachers were doctrinally sound.
Our conversation was as follows:

Me: Hey buddy, what did you learn in church today?
Bryson: I learned about God and Jesus.
Me: (so far, so good teachers)....what did you learn about God?
Bryson: (Blank stare) I meed to go potty.
Me: Okay, did you learn that God is strong? (helping a toddler out- pointing to the craft)
Bryson: Yep
Me: How is God strong?
Bryson: Him keelt some guy, He's big and strong. (While showing me his muscles)
Me: Well, maybe next Sunday......

1 comment:

McClure Family said...

ok, so our church must be on the same curriculum...we've had a God is Strong sticker on each craft this month...