Monday, August 3, 2009

FOUR

My Mr. Bryson,
So, I'm a little over a month late documenting your fourth birthday on this blog. My only excuse is that mommy is a thousand months pregnant right now with your little sister, and its hard to move around, think and blog. So I save all of my momminess for you live and in person, which you probably won't remember, but that's neither here nor there!

FOUR?? Really?

Over the last year you have really come into your own. Your personality is off the charts adorable. You talk ALL the time, about anything and everything. You probably say my name about 50,000 times a day, and while that can make me want to scream a lot, I'm so thankful that I get to be the one you call 'mama'. Your imagination is in full swing from the time you get up in the morning until you go to bed at night.....and sometimes in the middle of the night! We are dealing with a lot of uncertainty in our little family right now, but so far you seem unaffected. You completely amaze me with how you adapt to your many environments!

You have fallen more in love with your daddy in the last year, and I couldn't be more proud. You want to do everything like daddy, be as big as daddy, walk like daddy, talk like daddy, fish like daddy, get dirty like daddy! And as well you should. Be like your daddy, Bryson!!!

In about a month you will meet your baby sister! We are all so excited. You have been so sweet throughout her time in mama's belly. You talk to her every day. You tell her who you are and that you love her so much, and that you will take care of her. I'm really excited to teach you how to make bottles and change diapers!! Hopefully, you'll catch on quick! The other day, you brought me a color sheet of a little girl and said you were going to color it for Emma. I told you I thought that was so sweet, then a few hours later I asked you why you hadn't colored it yet. Your response: "Mama, I don't know what hers looks like yet". I should've known!

You are really impressing me with how smart you are. You are learning to write your name. You are very interested in letters and numbers, and are already doing well with recognition of both. I love to hear you 'read'. You know those letters are saying something, and what you make up is always a million times better than what is on the page! Smart boy!

I can't wait to see what this next year holds for you. I'm so excited to see you being a big brother to Emma. She is going to be crazy about you.

Here's to FOUR, Mr. Bryson!
You are the complete joy of your mommy and daddy. We love and enjoy you more than you will ever know!
But I'm secretly hoping that 5 won't come as quickly as 4 did! Fat chance, I know!

I love you more,
Mama

No comments: